Wednesday 19 January 2011

Art Club

Hi
I had to buy some Unipin waterproof fine liners to take along to my art lessons. I ordered a pack of five, 0.1, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 and 0.8 from Amazon. They arrived today. I had already tried out my Derwent Sketching pencils. These are water soluble and give a wash effect in greys. I drew this baby penguin from a model I have.


I really like the effect. I find I can use them with the water colour pencils to add shading as well.
I decided to draw a boat from my Water Colour calendar, January 5th & 6th, from a painting by Molly Squibb. I drew the boat, outlined it with my 0.8 pen, and then used the water sketching pencils to colour it rather than the colours the artist had chosen. The boat is sitting on the beach with water lapping round the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment